26 September 2012

Le Nom des Gens

I was searching around on Netflix this evening, wondering what to watch, when a 2010 French film, called Le Nom des Gens (in English it's called The Names of Love) popped up and I watched it. I ended up thoroughly enjoying it! I like the filming techniques used (at certain times it switches to an old, grainy film style and makes everything seem beautiful and nostalgic) and the actress, Sara Forestier, was marvelous. It's plot follows Baya Benmahmoud, who uses sex as a weapon of converting right-wing conservatives into liberal left-wingers. But she meets Arthur Martin, and they make a wonderful couple and we get to know their families and all the dynamics in between. It was funny, sweet, beautiful, and I loved the way she went about her life trying to make a political difference against all the 'fascists' as she calls almost anyone who doesn't fit her liberal point of view. And I love listening to the language, always!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great find!
I do the same, but with Italian films.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.